Ergonomic plastic hanging straps provide added safety for standing passengers when a vehicle brakes or accelerates, when cornering, crossing railway points or in case of an emergency stop.
This means that hanging straps are key fixtures when it comes to enhancing safety and convenience in underground trains, on trams and urban buses, suburban trains, mountain railways, as well as in cable cars and gondola lifts.
Hanging straps need to be safe and durable, withstanding significant loads year after year. It is important that the material used is not discoloured or corroded by sweat or detergents. Ensuring that hanging straps meet the relevant national and international fire safety regulations is another key consideration. The surfaces must be easy to clean.
IGOSTRAP hanging straps are supplied as complete assembly kits: the PAS-PU strap is cut to the required length, with drilled holes for the clamping screws in the necessary positions. The kit also includes a specially developed, reinforced polyamide clamping element and clamping screws of the required size. Positioning clips are available on request.
The strap can be fitted quickly and precisely, and fastened using the inserted clamping screw. Assembly only takes a matter of minutes. IGOSTRAP is designed to withstand loads of up to 150kg. The smooth surface is easy to clean, and resistant against commonly used detergents, greases and oils.
All faigle hanging straps are made from fire-resistant material. Specific parameters must be met to ensure compliance with specific fire safety standards, and these need to be assessed by our applications engineering staff on a case-by-case basis. If you require further assistance, please contact us. Please note that the customer bears liability for the use of our hanging straps supplied without fire-safety advice from our staff.
A special anti-bacterial version of this hanging strap model is also available. It provides improved protection against bacteria – without the need for additional cleaning. The silver ions in the material inhibit the spread of harmful bacteria and do not cause skin irritation. The anti-bacterial additive remains effective throughout the typical service life of the hanging strap.
- Standard range available in 5 attractive colours
- Modular construction allows for a wide range of design options
- Attractive prices and graduated pricing
- Easy to clean, with long-lasting resistance against various mediums
- Positioning clip ensures compliance with the main fire-safety requirements and standards worldwide
- Standard lengths available; alternatively, length according to customer specifications
- Anti-bacterial additive (optional) inhibits the spread of harmful bacteria
- Anti-bacterial effect (optional) throughout the product’s typical service life